If you’re struggling with problems involving your family or finances, you’re likely feeling stressed and emotionally drained. After all, relationships and money are both extremely important, so major issues involving either one will have a significant impact on your quality of life. That’s why our lawyers work hard to help clients get legal guidance on bankruptcy and family law matters.
At The Howze Law Firm LLC, our team is knowledgeable about bankruptcy and family law issues in South Carolina. Whether you plan to file bankruptcy, divorce your spouse, or take any other legal action involving the family court or bankruptcy court, we will offer the legal support you need. So, if you’re looking for a fresh start for your family or finances, call our bankruptcy and family lawyers in York County SC.
If there’s no way you can pay off your debts and you’re tired of creditors calling you for payment, filing for bankruptcy may get you the debt relief you deserve. When you contact our law firm, a skilled bankruptcy attorney will examine your financial situation to determine if filing for bankruptcy is right for you.
If it is, your bankruptcy lawyer will explain the differences between Chapter 7 bankruptcy and Chapter 13 bankruptcy. They will then determine which debt relief option you qualify for, which debts are dischargeable, and which assets you can keep. You might be surprised how much filing for bankruptcy can reduce your financial stress and improve your life. Contact our South Carolina law offices for answers from a bankruptcy lawyer knowledgeable about bankruptcy law in this state.
– Elva R.
– Tarshia W.
– Tamara B.
– Tracey C.
If it’s clear that you and your spouse would be better off apart, filing for divorce may be the right decision. When you hire a family law attorney, you will get help handling all the details that go into divorce, from filing a petition with the family court to making decisions on important matters.
For example, if you and your spouse share marital debts and assets, you will need help with property division. South Carolina is not a community property state, which means the family court judge will divide marital property in an equitable way that can be challenging to understand. If you share minor children with your spouse, you must make decisions on other complex legal matters, such as child support, child custody, and visitation. An experienced divorce lawyer will guide you through this to ensure the outcome is fair and in your best interests.
Tracy is licensed to practice law in Michigan, South Carolina, US District Court, and the US Bankruptcy Court in the District of South Carolina. Tracy has worked as an attorney for many years and has practiced in a variety of legal areas. In addition to practicing law, Tracy has taught legal classes at local colleges and universities in the Charlotte region. Here at The Howze Law Firm LLC, we believe that each client is important. An attorney’s role may change based on the need of the client. Sometimes a client needs a problem solver, while other times, a client may need a fierce advocate.
Both family and bankruptcy laws can be complicated, so it’s imperative that you hire a bankruptcy and family lawyer for your case. Otherwise, you could make mistakes that keep you from getting the desired results from your divorce or bankruptcy case. A skilled bankruptcy lawyer is very familiar with bankruptcy court and federal bankruptcy law and will use this knowledge to help you achieve debt relief. Whether you want to know what your dischargeable debts are or what processes an automatic stay affects, a bankruptcy attorney can provide answers before you file for bankruptcy.
Similarly, divorce attorneys have spent years assisting clients with family law issues, including child support, spousal support, child custody, and property division. As you decide on issues relating to your divorce, you will likely have questions about what evidence will strengthen your case. The right attorney for your legal needs will give you answers on everything from how to handle marital debts and assets to how to collect past-due support from your former spouse. If you’re ready to file for divorce, contact us first for legal support.
- We have successfully handled numerous bankruptcy cases in this state, so we’re confident we can help with debt relief if you’re having trouble making timely payments. It’s our goal to guide you toward a life free from financial stress, so hire us if this appeals to you.
- Our team is known for displaying care and compassion for every client. We realize that dealing with the court system can be intimidating when you don’t have experience with it, so we’ll be happy to guide you through your case with the encouragement and legal support you need.
- We have assisted many clients through legal matters involving spouses and children, so whether you need advice on child custody, division of property and debt, or alimony, we’re here to help. We can even guide you through step-child adoptions, name changes, and other legal matters that affect children and adults alike.
- We’re licensed to practice law in South Carolina, Michigan, the US District Court, and the US Bankruptcy Court in the District of South Carolina. We can use our knowledge of bankruptcy code and family law to work toward an outcome that benefits you.
- Our York County law office is easily accessible to surrounding communities. Whether you’re in Clover, York, Fort Mill, Chester, Gaffney, Great Falls, or other nearby cities, we invite you to come to us for legal support during your bankruptcy or divorce case.
- Our attorney fees are reasonable and transparent, and we offer a variety of payment options. If you’re concerned about how to pay for legal support, we can arrange a payment plan for you. Additionally, if you’re considering filing for bankruptcy, schedule a free initial evaluation with our team.
When you contact The Howze Law Firm LLC, we will set up a time for you to meet with a lawyer to discuss your legal needs. If you’re interested in getting out of debt by filing for bankruptcy, we will review your finances and use the means test to determine if you qualify for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. If you don’t, we will discuss the option of Chapter 13 with you and prepare to help you make a repayment plan to pay creditors and get out of debt.
If you need our legal guidance on family law issues, our first meeting will focus on what matters most to you. Whether you need help dividing assets and debts with your spouse or have questions about how much child or spousal support to expect, we will address these topics during the initial evaluation. We will also review attorney fees for your divorce or bankruptcy case and give you an idea of how long the entire process will take based on our experience with family and bankruptcy courts.
Whether you’re trying to eliminate debt by filing for bankruptcy or need to sort out child support and other issues with your ex-spouse, we can help. The compassionate lawyers at The Howze Law Firm LLC have guided countless clients through family court and bankruptcy court in South Carolina, and we can do the same for you. Call us at 803-266-1812 for an initial evaluation.